Sunday, December 8, 2013

Let's try this blogging thing one more time...

Ok. So, epic fail when it comes to blogging. Yes, I know. But maybe the third time will be the charm...right?

I have officially been married a little over 7 months now. It's crazy how some people still refer to me as a "newlywed". I certainly don't feel that way. I suppose that's what happens when you have lived with your husband for 4 years now, and been together for 5. I can't believe I've been Mrs. Murray for 7 months though. It is still strange to be called that. (side story: last night was my staff Christmas party. Chris said it was weird to hear people say "Murray" and refer to me and not him! It was so sweet! He said he loved it though. <sigh> He's such a keeper...) I still find myself referring to myself as "THill" or "Miss Hill". Will that ever stop? I suppose after 30 years of being Tiffany Hill, it is hard to just one day wake up and be called something different. I can see why some women choose to keep their maiden names. Never the less, I love being Mrs. Murray (cue gushy, lovey dovey eyes and music now).

I've been really inspired lately at all these TeachersPayTeachers sites and blogs. In the last 30 minutes, I've followed 17 blogs/stores. I feel like I'm not really working because I'm just taking everyone else's stuff. My bad. Pinterest also helps me so much too. My poor students have the complete TPT/Pinterest teacher! I've had so many people tell me to open my own TPT store. I'll start the blog first. I seriously doubt I have any useful teaching advice or information. Check pinterest or tpt, that's my advice. Or Flocabulary. That's my favorite education site right now. I wish someone would buy me a subscription to it! They take all content areas' subject matter, and make raps out of them. KIDS LOVE IT!!! It is so fun to get kids pumped about a topic! It is also a great way for them to remember things like story elements (plot, character, conflict, theme...setting....yes these are the 5 things....).

A little update on my current teaching gig:
I no longer work for Tulsa Public Schools. This summer I was hired for my dream job at my dream district: 5th grade Science teacher for Owasso Public Schools. I AM IN HEAVEN! I love my job, my students, and life! I am truly blessed with all this good fortune. My job is still challenging, but in different ways then before. I'm still under a lot of pressure for my students to perform big on these sh!ts@st!c state tests. But I feel much more in my element. I know what I'm doing. I have a lot of support from my team members AND ADMINISTRATION!! I just thank God daily for allowing me this opportunity to showcase my abilities.

In future news:
No baby news. So please, don't ask or get suspicious. I know recently I made a pin board on pinterest that said "And Baby Makes 3", but that's planning for the future. We are planning to stop taking "the pill" in April. However, I am planning on starting to sell Thirty-One bags and accessories! I'm really excited! Mainly because I'm going to get their bags! But also because I would love to make a little extra money. I will only be doing internet parties, unless someone just absolutely needs me to come to their house and have a party. If you are interested, just let me know! I wish I would have started sooner to grab those holiday shoppers, but I'm a teacher, and well, we aren't paid like doctors, that's for sure!

Ok, that's enough for one night. Let's ease back into this blogging thing! :) Hopefully I'll use this more as a Thirty-One sales place and teacher stuff. Maybe even vent out frustrations every once in a while! Thanks for staying with me! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment