Thursday, September 6, 2012

Continuation


Ok, so last we met, I had told you all about me leaving Ohio, setting my wedding date, selecting my wedding party, and moving home. Let us continue, shall we?

5. The Arrival of Miss Kinley Snow and her Newborn Pics
So Courtney Allen was employed by Jennie Snow to take the newborn pictures of one, Miss Kinley Elise. Since I would be in town (this happened the same weekend as my surprise OK visit), Courtney elisted my expert assistance…i.e….I can follow directions and do what I’m told by the professional. My reward was gazing and cuddling on this precious baby girl! And eating Chic-fil-a. And eating one of their delicious cookies. It is so amazing to watch Courtney in action. She has such an eye for photography. This may come in handy when someone I know, no mention of names, will need pictures taken in the near future… Anyway, it was a ton of fun to help out, and coo over this little tiny miracle. I love Kinley so much! Afterwards, I attended Wild Brew of Tulsa with Chris and Adonis. It’s a charity event. Very posh. Because I’m so sophisticated (insert sophisticated agreement remark by Corey Shehl). That was a ton of fun as well. I love just going and sampling the best foods of Tulsa (oh yeah, and there are beers there too).

6. Preggo Secrets!
I was fortunate enough to be let in on two of my friends being pregnant! They are actually best friends, and two weeks apart. One recently announced her pregnancy on FB, and she’s having a girl! CONGRATS TESSA!!! I’m so happy for you and Geoff! Now you’ve got your legacy, so all our hard work at EN won’t be for nothing! Let’s be those alumnae who show up at initiation! ;) My other friend has yet to announce her pregnancy on FB, so I shall keep my lips zipped! Hehehehe

7. Tales of the Fourth Grade Nothing (as told by me, NOT Judy Blume)
So yes, I now teach 4th grade! (Shout out to Tessa Beauliu for graciously giving me all her 4th grade materials…what a LIFESAVER. I am forever in her debt) And boy, let me tell you, there is a HUGE difference between it and Kindergarten! Geez louise! I am exhausted every night! There is no such thing as down time or brain break. They must have something to do at all time. The first two weeks really was just me assessing them, figuring out their math, reading, spelling, and phonics level. That stuff is finally done! And now it’s time to rearrange the 4th grade classrooms. I’m sad to say I will be losing 4 of my precious babies, but I will be gaining 7 new ones. I will start teaching the higher level 4 graders. This is exciting because they are all on level or above. We will be pushing our limits! Learning new and exciting things that require more brain power and higher level critical thinking (hehehe, look at me using my higher level critical thinking skills!). I love my 19 so much, but the 4 that are leaving really will benefit more from a slower paced classroom. At least I will still get to see them every day! I guess I can start using my blog to write more about the happenings of 4th grade. So, get ready! You’ll be hearing more about these kiddos soon!

8. Missy is HOME!
So when I wrote that yesterday, Missy hadn’t landed in the TX yet. But now, she has! And yes, ladies and gentlemen, Missy Protas IS HOME! ON AMERICAN SOIL! I’m so excited to have her back. I know she will miss Oz terribly, but what a life experience! (And Adam will be here soon!) I’m so totes jelly! I know CA, JS, and I can’t wait to host her and EW for a fun filled weekend! Welcome home, sister! LIOB!

That's it for now, my friends! What a treat! Two blogs in one week! Don't get used to it! I will really give it a college try though, and schedule some during the week that I can get typed up during the weekend. Laters babe! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks!! ;) Glad to see that you have joined the blogging world again!

    ReplyDelete